A darker rosé made by direct pressing of 100% Syrah from young vines. It has powerful aromas of cherry boiled sweets and the palate provides more of these characters with a good length and a slightly sweet finish. Overall a fruity and pleasing rosé that appeals to people who say they don’t like rosé. Light in alcohol at 11.5%, which makes it perfect for lunchtime.
Easy to drink on its own, it is also a lovely partner for salads, charcuterie and also fruit-based desserts.
- Vineyard : Sustainably farmed clay/limestone with high stone content.
- Yield 55 hl/ha
- Hand-picked and sorted. Transported in small caissettes.
- No acidification or chaptelisation
- Fermented in stainless steel at 16 °C for 3 weeks.
- Fined with bentonite and PVPP. Filtered at bottling in the following January.
- Bottled in Ecova environmentally-friendly, lightweight bottles and sealed with DIAM natural corks to prevent cork-taint.
- 6600 bottles made
Jancis Robinson 16/20
The current vintage is 2009. Although this may seem old for a rosé, ours has a lot of concentration which keeps it lively. The time in bottle has given it a bit more roundness and a creamy, vanilla finish.